Are you trying to decide between using a bath bomb or a shower bomb? Both can provide a relaxing and rejuvenating experience, but they have some differences that may make one a better choice for you. In this article, we will compare shower bomb vs bath bomb, including their ingredients, benefits, and how to use them.
What are bath bombs and shower bombs?
Bath bombs and shower bombs are small, round balls that are designed to dissolve in water. They contain a mixture of ingredients that can include essential oils, fragrances, and colorants. When added to a bath or shower, these ingredients are released, creating a spa-like atmosphere and potentially providing therapeutic benefits.
Bath bombs are specifically designed to be used in a bathtub. They dissolve in the water and release their ingredients as the bath is filling up.
Shower bombs, on the other hand, are designed to be used in the shower. They are placed on the floor of the shower and release their ingredients as the water falls on them.
Which Ingredients Are Found In Bath Bombs & Shower Bombs?
Both bath bombs and shower bombs can contain a variety of ingredients, but some common ones include:
- Essential oils: These plant-derived oils are believed to have therapeutic properties and can help with relaxation, stress relief, and mood improvement.
- Fragrances: Both bath bombs and shower bombs can contain synthetic fragrances or essential oils to add a pleasant scent to the experience.
- Colorants: Some bath bombs and shower bombs contain colorants that can add a pop of color to the water or create a visual effect.
- Baking soda: This ingredient can help to soften and soothe the skin.
- Citric acid: This ingredient can help to create the fizzing effect that is often associated with bath bombs.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Bath Bombs & Shower Bombs?
As well as the ingredients listed above, some bath bombs and shower bombs may contain other ingredients such as Epsom salts, which can help to relieve muscle tension, and oils such as coconut oil or almond oil, which can help to moisturize the skin.
The benefits of using bath bombs and shower bombs can vary depending on the ingredients they contain. Some potential benefits include:
- Relaxation and stress relief: The warm water and aromatic ingredients in bath bombs and shower bombs can help to create a relaxing atmosphere and may help to reduce stress.
- Improved mood: The fragrances and essential oils in bath bombs and shower bombs can have a positive effect on mood and emotions.
- Softened and moisturized skin: The oils and other moisturizing ingredients in bath bombs and shower bombs can help to soften and moisturize the skin.
- Soothed muscles: Epsom salts and other ingredients in bath bombs and shower bombs can help to relieve muscle tension.
How to Use Bath Bombs and Shower Bombs
Using bath bombs and shower bombs is relatively simple. Here are some general guidelines for using each type:
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Drop the bath bomb into the tub as it is filling up.
- Let the bath bomb dissolve completely before getting into the tub.
- Relax in the tub for at least 15–20 minutes to allow the ingredients to work their magic.
- Wet the shower bomb and place it on the floor of the shower.
- Turn on the shower and let the water fall on the shower bomb.
- Let the shower bomb dissolve completely before getting in the shower.
- Relax in the shower for at least 15–20 minutes to allow the ingredients to work their magic.
It is important to follow the instructions on the packaging of the specific bath bomb or shower bomb you are using, as some may have specific guidelines for use.
Comparison: Shower Bomb Vs Bath Bomb
Now that we have a better understanding of what bath bombs and what a shower fizzy is and how they are used, let’s compare the two in terms of their ingredients, benefits, and how to use them.
|Bath Bombs / Bath Fizzers||Shower Bombs / Shower Steamers|
|Where they are used||Bathtub||Shower|
|How they are used||Dissolve in water as the bathtub is filling up||Wet and place on the shower floor, allowing the water to fall on them as they dissolve|
|Common ingredients||Essential oils, fragrances, colorants, baking soda, citric acid||Essential oils, fragrances, colorants, baking soda|
|Potential benefits||Relaxation and stress relief, improved mood, softened and moisturized skin, soothed muscles||Aromatherapy benefits, like relaxation and stress relief, improved mood, softened and moisturized skin|
|Potential negatives||Tend to be expensive for a single use bath bomb, and can stain the bath tub||Can leave the shower slippery with the residue once they’ve fizzed away|
As you can see from the table above, both bath bombs and shower bombs can offer similar benefits, including relaxation and stress relief, improved mood, and moisturized skin. The main difference between the two is the location in which they are used and how they dissolve.
Are Bath Bombs and Shower Steamers Suitable For Sensitive Skin?
Yes, bath bombs and shower steamers can be suitable for sensitive skin. Generally speaking, products that are made with simple ingredients like baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, and essential oils will be gentle on the skin.
It is also important to pay attention to the types of fragrances and colors used in the product, as some may cause irritation. It’s best to do a patch test prior to using any new products or selecting one specifically designed for sensitive skin.
Make sure you always check the ingredients list within your bath bombs, and shower steamers, to be sure the recipes don’t contain harsh chemicals such as sulfates or preservatives. This will reduce the likelihood of an allergic reaction.
Best Bath Bomb or Shower Steamer Storage Methods
One of the best ways to store bath bombs or shower steamers is in an airtight container. This will help keep them from getting wet and prevent any excess moisture from ruining their texture.
Mason jars, plastic storage containers, and other airtight containers with lids are all great options for keeping your bath bombs and shower steamers fresh.
You should also make sure that you leave some room between each one, since it allows for more airflow, which helps to preserve them even further.
Another great way to store your bath bombs and shower steamers is by using a linen closet or drawer. Not only does this provide ample space to store your items neatly, but it also keeps them away from direct sunlight, which can degrade some of the natural ingredients in them over time.
It also allows you to keep them away from any humidity or heat that can cause oxidation and decrease their lifespan.
Finally, if you want your bath bombs and shower steamers to last even longer, then keeping them in the refrigerator is an excellent option.
Keeping them cool helps prevent degradation of the essential oils and other natural elements that are used to create these products.
However, be sure to put them in a container with a lid if possible so that they don’t become soggy from condensation when placed in the fridge.
In conclusion, bath bombs and shower bombs are both great options for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. The choice between the two ultimately comes down to personal preference and which location you prefer to relax in.
Both types of bombs can offer similar benefits, so it really comes down to whether you prefer a bath or a shower. No matter which type you choose, be sure to follow the instructions on the packaging and relax and enjoy the experience.